Thursday 8 November 2012

Things are happening... XD

So, here we are... In the blooming flower of our youth, with a whole path ahead of us and then...

Suddenly you don't really know what you gonna do XD

I always knew I wanted to write. I also knew I wanted to do something with my voice. Not that my voice is amazing, but I was keen on that. Then I stated I would write...but also correct and edit other people's work. I also wanted to learn to play (or at least listen carefully) music... 

I'm not saying I'm gonna act for a living, because...I still dunno why all this is happening. But the fact that this is another door opening makes me feel kinda encouraged and happy :3 That means I'm not as useless as I thought I was :3

*sigh*

I'll explain myself because I wanna XDDD

Two weeks ago, I went to my acting class, as I always do XDDD But we were out of people because...well, we assumed that it was because semester's near to its end and people are getting busy. We didn't have enough people to cover up all the characters in the main play we're rehearsing. So, my teacher told me: "You're gonna play Lidia today..." Lidia's like...the main character of that play. And I was like: "But I'm Eva... You sure?" He told me not to worry and to do as I was told. So... I entered as Eva, I said my line as I always did... And then came back as Lidia (because she appears later on). When I started acting as Lidia...I could hear my teacher mumbling: "This is so touching..." but I didn't say anything or reacted in any visible way. I just snorted quietly and went on. Of course, I had to read the whole thing, but I tried my best to put some inflections and motion to whatever I said.

So, as we finished, he told us to go and sit so we could talk about the rehearsal. As I went to my place, a friend told me: "You should change and play Lidia! You were amazing!" I only laughed and told her: "Well, go and tell that to the teacher! XD" and then I added: "No. Thank you very much for your words, but she's Itza's and I really am in love with Eva :)" And then the teacher came and told me:

"You did an incredible job at this. You gave the character a whole new personality, your voice tunes, the way you acted. I even think they (my classmates) felt a lot more comfy with you. You're showing me that...you could've done whatever part I would've given you...whether it was the old lady, the girl...even a man. You really do have a knack for acting. I really think so. Now you're putting me in a difficult situation because I gave you the foreign woman because you could do the accent at the moment I asked you to do it. But it'd be unfair for the girl who's playing Lidia for real, so...I'm sorry. I'm not giving you this part. But you really did a good job at this and I'm sure you can do whatever I ask you to... Thank you".

And I was all happy because he didn't take Eva from me XD

The rest of the class were my friends telling me how much they enjoyed my Lidia interpretation...and me thanking them... One of them (the same girl who told me she would've wanted me to play that character from now on) told me it was the first time she actually felt the angst in Lidia. And I told her that...maybe...just maybe that was because the other girl gave the impression she didn't know what she was saying. Meaning: she didn't fully comprehend Lidia.

So. That happened that day.

Last weekend I dreamt about the play and I was slightly uneasy. I somehow felt that part was meant to be mine... But I thought I was overthinking everything, as I often do. And I still love Eva D: So, I tried not to think much about that anymore.

But yesterday, I was...in a hurry. I wanted to write as much as I could of my thesis work because I thought I wouldn't have time to write today. Then I told myself: "But you don't have school tomorrow"... But I still felt sure I was going to have things to do today.

And today came my teacher's mail telling me he was giving me that part... But I think that's because the girl who was playing it won't come back. So, the main character's mine. And I'm gonna miss Eva ;^; I couldn't do much today because I was trying to learn her lines by heart u.u And also because a stupid silly mountain of dishes waited for me to wash them...and because mum wanted me to stay with her u.u

So, yeah! :D It's weird to be told you are good at something you first thought you sucked at. But I really am trying my best and I think people can tell, so... I'm glad and thankful for that :3

Bonus:



I think Bram Stoker would die again if he knew that tomorrow, a day after his 165th birthday, will be Breaking Dawn's opening night.

I'd like to kill all the twilighters, tho =w=

Nevertheless, happy 165th birthday, Mr Stoker. You were irish and a writer...and you wrote Dracula. I love you.

And this:


Here is a story to break your heart...
...Are you willing?

*creys*

Journey into Mystery #645 ;^; I found them at tumblr. I read the last 5 numbers and I was all ;^; half the time *creys more* Kid!Loki rocks ;^;

I want a copy of #645, because the art is beautiful. But I think there are none here ._____.

No comments:

Post a Comment