Wednesday 16 May 2012

Happy 95th birthday, Juan :)


Today's my favourite mexican writer's birthday :)

Although, he died years ago already ^^; XD

I love him because his prose is so...intense. And colourful (I mean his characters do sound like townsfolk, not that he is all bright and shiny. Actually, he's sort of dark...). And he's so descriptive.

I remember I always started feeling the sun burning my flesh as I read his description of the town where Pedro Páramo lived.

My favourite tale of his is No oyes ladrar los perros. It's amazing.

My grandfather lent me his Pedro Páramo copy. I still have it. It is very dear to me. Thanks, grandpa. I hope you can meet him up there, where both of you are :)

Feliz cumpleaños número 95, Juan Rulfo :)

I'm slightly depressed today. Shit's happening right when I'm about to end school again. Why does it always have to be that way, I wonder? ^^;

No comments:

Post a Comment